FDI Services Inc. is currently seeking Journeyperson Insulators for a project located in Red Deer, AB. The successful candidates will be responsible for applying, removing and repairing thermal and acoustical insulation on all types of industrial equipment in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements.
- Selects the amount and type of insulation to be installed as well as a method of securing the insulation according to the type and shape of surface, whether or not the equipment is cold or hot, inside or outside, and what the equipment is going to be used for. Measures and cuts insulating material and coverings to the required shape and dimension.
- Fits insulation around obstructions or shape insulation materials and protective coverings.
- Installs vapor barriers and finish insulated surfaces by applying metal cladding, canvas, plastic sheeting or cement.
- Other duties as required.
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Good analytical ability and manual dexterity.
- Successful candidates are required to have a valid driver's license & reliable transportation to and from site. No public transportation is available.
- Must be able to complete all pre-access training as identified prior to mobilization.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
Trade Certification Requirements
- Journeyperson Insulator Certificate certificate from Alberta Industry Training. Red Seal certification required from all other provincial training authorities.
- Day Shift Position
- 10 Hours Work Daily.
- 4/3 Rotation Schedule
- Daily Overtime!
- Permanent Full-Time Position