Executive Compass Flight Institute is located in a modern facility at Pitt Meadows Airport. We offer pilot training and Vancouver area scenic tours. In order to develop our own flight management software platform, the company is looking for a talented Computer and information systems manager to perform the following job duties.
- Plan, direct, and oversee the design, development, and operations of the flight management systems platform.
- Utilize knowledge obtained from studies based on the current use of third-party flight management software, and apply them to the development of our own systems.
- Monitor and manage the relevant electronic data processing within the platform to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and flight management systems development and operations.
- Supervise the programmers and discuss system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
- Coordinate communications between the programmers and the chief flight instructor to ensure that operational, procedural, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Gather relevant project information and incorporates information into project plans.
- Analyze results of system and integrated testing in conjunction with business stakeholders to ensure that all business requirements are met.
- Control the budget and expenditures of the flight management systems platform project.
- Identify and analyze delivery risks and issues, and highlight emerging risks to management.
- A bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, network design or computer programming.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Language: English
- Extended group medical insurance incl. Dental, Prescription Drugs, and Vision.
- 5 hours of complimentary flight annually.
- 10-day vacation, or 4%
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55.00 per hour
Work Location: In person