At Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, our upscale hotel is focused on providing an exceptional personalized experience to our local and international clientele. Every day we come to work filled with passion to provide our guests with the best possible experience we can offer. If you’re interested in working with a remarkable team and creating unforgettable guest experiences, we are the place for you!
Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront is looking for full-time Hosts to join our team at Vancouver, BC.
This position is open to candidates who are:
- 18 years old or older
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work as part of a team with other members of the food service team
- Responding promptly and acknowledging all guests.
- Maintaining omplete knowledge of all menu items, specials, 86'd items in the restaurant.
- Processing reservations and preparing floor plan for service.
- Assisting service and busperson teams with table cleaning, clearing and resetting.
- Inspecting condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure adequate quantities are available.
- Moving and arranging table, chairs for groups or special needs.
- Communicating V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Serving It Right certification.
- Food Safe Level 1 considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a hotel environment.
- Legal Work Status: Must already possess necessary documentation to work legally in Canada.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all verbal and written interactions.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Minimum 1-year previous experience in a similar capacity within a high-volume restaurant setting.
If you feel that you are a good fit for this position, we encourage you to apply today!
Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $24.07-$27.51 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6C 3T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Host/Hostess: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person