Join our BRAND Team!!! Our team is currently recruiting for JM & 3rd year apprentices. TA schedule is 6X10's
Brand Energy Solutions is the largest supplier of scaffolding and insulation labour and material in North America.
The Insulation Journeyman is responsible for safely performing all installation and removal of insulation and for assisting in the installation and removal of metal finishing as part of a crew.
Description of Essential Duties
- Apply, remove and repair thermal and acoustical insulation on all types of industrial equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine appropriate insulation requirements.
- Select the amount and type of insulation to be installed, as well as confirm the method of ensuring the insulation depending on the specifications of the structure.
- Measure and cut insulating material and coverings to the required shape and dimensions.
- Install vapour barriers and finish insulated surfaces by applying metal cladding, canvas, PVC or cement.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These may be varied based on specific requirements of a branch or project)
- Strong commitment to safety. Individuals will be expected to adhere to safe work practices and Brand's Safety Philosophy.
- Ticketed JM is required.
- Must have the ability to maintain positive relations with clients and coworkers through effective communication and conflict management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be knowledgeable in various types of insulation used in an industrial area.
- CSTS 2020
- Confined Space
- Fall Protection
This position is covered under the CLAC agreement.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-access Alcohol & Drug Testing before mobilizing to site.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person