The Journeyman Industrial Millwright must possess fundamental and specialized knowledge and skills related to troubleshooting and providing preventative and corrective maintenance support to production lines and facilitating equipment change-over.
The Millwright is responsible for working together with the rest of the maintenance team to complete new projects, work orders and follow a Preventive Maintenance Program. This position requires shiftwork (rotating once a month).
Shift Time: 6:30am-3pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide regular and routine maintenance of machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Respond quickly to production requests for maintenance support to ensure minimum downtime.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, increasing team efficiency
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Repair and adjust processing equipment. Rebuild and fabricate parts as required
- Calibrate components according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain clean and safe work area.
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory.
- Assist with minimizing production downtime through preventive maintenance. Provide input and assist with implementation of a Preventive Maintenance program to ensure that all equipment are routinely maintained.
- Conduct audits/assessments on all production equipment to ensure operating standards are met.
- Maintain safe practices and actively engage in continuous improvement projects to improve safety
- Inform the Plant Manager and senior leadership regarding potential hazards and recommending corrective solutions
- Perform preventative maintenance administrative duties like maintaining files and records, ordering equipment and supplies and preparing reports
- Provide cost estimates and preliminary sketches for services and materials as requested
- Collaborating with maintenance team members and provide training to apprentices as required
- Occasionally perform physically demanding tasks like moving or lifting heavy objects
- Keep abreast of new technology and manufacturing processes
- Certified Red Seal Journeyman Millwright
- 3+ years of millwright experience preferred, including previous diagnostic/troubleshooting skills
- Welding ticket an asset.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing facility an asset
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Able to complete all millwright duties
- Knowledge of SOPs, HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices in food industry an asset
- Self-directed and motivated team player
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, showing high level of professionalism in written and verbal communications
- Must have good computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations
- Determination and confidence to ensure issues are resolved
- Ability to train others
- Comfortable working in a production area (temperature, humidity, noise, etc)
- Hearing protection and steel toe shoes required
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks' vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!