Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer (Ottawa, ON)
Reporting to the Director of DevOps, we’re seeking an experienced, passionate Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer to join our team. This role is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the design, implementation, and deployment of our Multiview platform while maintaining and enhancing existing infrastructure.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be in charge of the specification and documentation of the Multiview Platform Infrastructure and its components by effectively monitoring and managing its services. You will work in collaboration with operations and development teams through the entire software delivery lifecycle, from design, development and product support performing code review, and actively participating in enhancing our systems. You will deploy and maintain the critical application and work closely with various stakeholders maintaining our SaaS platform and mentoring junior DevOps Engineers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At Multiview, being creative with great communication and problem-solving skills is really important, but equally so are having a passion for driving client success and the desire to be a contributing member of our culture, where the genuine care of people is our compass.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with the Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer experience, who is detail-oriented, a self-starter and someone who can meet the demands of a fast-paced growing technology company while maintaining a positive attitude.
If this sounds like you, read on!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Provide technical leadership with respect to the development and execution of our Multiview Platform Infrastructure and its components, including conducting assessments of applications (web, cloud, mobile) using a range of manual and automated testing and source code review techniques.
- Apply best security practices and perform system hardening to safeguard our infrastructure against potential threats, ensuring compliance with industry standards and maintaining a secure and reliable environment.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain the critical application on the AWS cloud platform managing the full AWS Lifecycle, Provisioning, Automation and Security.
- Set up and administer multi-tier computer system environments.
- Set up, and maintain the disaster recovery and backup automation, and monitor the daily completion.
- Perform software upgrades for our Cloud platform environments. Kernel patching, Errata
- Develop and maintain scripts for automating Cloud/server functions, including Deployment Automation and CI/CD.
- Cloud platform cost monitoring and optimizing.
- Monitor the availability and performance of the SaaS Cloud platform.
- Fulfill the role of administrator of cloud monitoring systems and other Platform tools and technologies.
- Analyze and recommend new technology and architectural improvements for the Platform.
- Be a strong advocate for DevOps and DevOps practices in the company.
- Lead DevOps or cross-functional working groups or projects from end-to-end as required.
- Maintain Data Integrity and access control while you use the AWS application platform.
- Implement industry best practices with automation, effective monitoring, and DevOps delivery methodology.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team and across all stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain Platform documentation.
- Demonstrate Multiview’s core values, building and advancing the reputation of the company and its clients.
Director of DevOps
- DevOps, Engineering and Product Management teams
- Internal and External stakeholders
Work independently with minimal supervision
- Extensive collaboration with team members and other departments
- Remote work option
DevOps Cloud Engineer Skills– Strong in-depth knowledge of DevOps and Cloud technology to perform the role competently. This level of expertise is gained through extensive on-the-job experience.
- Stronger Together – works with multiple teams cross-functionally and must know how to effectively address the needs of each team while always keeping the client’s outcomes as the driver.
- Believe in Better – Proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. You are a skilled problem solver with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to meet the requirements of the project are required.
- Working Smart – You are extremely organized at managing your time and prioritizing. You can organize your schedule appropriately to meet commitments and project deadlines.
- People First – You demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy towards all internal and external stakeholders.
- Client Obsessed – You are an effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience collaborating with various team members both internally and externally.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience Level: 10+ years of experience as a DevOps, Systems Administrator, Cloud engineer or relevant experience
- Current AWS Certification
- Strong experience administering, maintaining, and updating Linux and Windows servers.
- Experience working with PowerShell and/or Windows batch scripting.
- Experience working with Terraform and/or CloudFormation.
- Microsoft Active Directory experience is required.
- Experience ensuring proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for a cloud and on-premises cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS Cloud tech stack, including EC2, EBS, ELB, VPC, SG, IAM, SSM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lambda, S3, GuardDuty, Inspector, EKS, etc.
- Knowledge or experience of .Net/C# application development and DevOps support is an asset.
- Familiarity with one or more virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships across multiple functional areas of an organization.
- A results-oriented mindset with a passion for delivering quality products that solve users’ problems.
- Motivated, self-sufficient, resourceful, and work well with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of DevOps best practices
- Experience demonstrating Multiview’s core values, building, and advancing the reputation of the company and its clients.
Experience Level: 5- 10 yrs. of Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer experience
Nice to have:
Experience with Bash, Python scripting
- Experience with Single-Sign-On, Cloudflare, NginX, AWS VPN.
- RDBMS experience with Oracle or other vendors.
- 2-5 yrs. experience in working with similar ERP products, either as a user or as an employee of the software provider (prior Multiview experience is a significant advantage)
Relevant Terraform and Microsoft, is considered an asset.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we are looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Multiview builds powerful, easy-to-use financial applications for clients across North America. As a leader in the ERP/Financial Software industry, we partner with sophisticated clients across multiple industries to End Month End™
We are extremely proud of the company we have built. Bringing together professionals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise is vital to making our company stronger.
Our people-first culture is our biggest advantage, and we are excited to share that commitment with you!
WHY JOIN MULTIVIEW?
At Multiview, you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a company culture built to empower and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Multiview is THE Software Company for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by taking care of our employees first.
“Multiviewers” strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work and in life and we encourage that by offering:
- 4 weeks vacation to start, additional paid time off to supplement work-life balance, wellness, and mental health days.
- Company paid competitive Benefits including Extended Health, Dental, Vision and more.
- Workplace Flexibility (Choice to work remotely or from our office in Ottawa, ON)
- Company-arranged social events
Continuous growth opportunities, and leadership development
Please submit your resume, and a cover letter describing, why you are a unique fit for this position by applying to this posting.
We thank all applicants for expressing their interest in Multiview; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Multiview is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY:
Multiview promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we are building a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Multiview is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to creating a barrier-free working environment for all. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Ontario Human Rights Code, Multiview will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities, upon request.