We are seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial individual to join our team in Burnaby Heights! We are a pet food and supply store looking for a motivated, positive, and people (/pet) oriented team member to help build our growing business. Promoting the health, well being of pets, and customer service excellence is at the core of who we are - and we deliver this with fun, outgoing, and collaborative teammates. If you're looking for an opportunity to work with a passionate team of animal lovers and with career growth potential, keep reading and apply!
- The most important role that we play is providing expert advice and support to our four legged customers and their humans. We are a relationship based business and providing outgoing, friendly and knowledgable service is the foundation of what we do
- Growing sales through community relationships and excellent customer service
- Daily operations of the store, including but not limited to ensuring the store is clean and presentable, opening and closing duties, operating the cash register, participating in ongoing product training, inventory management, promoting marketing initiatives, working with our vendors, loss prevention and above all prioritizing our customers and their humans
- Assisting with merchandising the store to look fresh and eye catching
- Receiving product orders and putting them away, ensuring stocked shelves
- Representing GPF Burnaby in our community by embodying our core values
- Note: this job includes lifting of heavy products weighing approximately up to 50 pounds to shoulder height and climbing ladders
Who you are:
- You have a passion and love for pets of all kinds with a desire for continued learning about pet nutrition and well being
- An expert communicator with a talent and enthusiasm for building relationships
- You are outgoing and positive - you love talking to and helping people and their pets!
- You have a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Fun, professional, goal oriented, and looking to build a career in the pet industry
- You have experience in a customer service role such as retail or restaurant environment - pet related experience field is an asset
Your future at GPF:
- You will gain hands on experience at launching a new business from the ground up. We provide intensive and ongoing pet nutrition training to help you become an expert in what we do. Our employees are the 'secret sauce' to why we are the best at what we do and we'll help you develop the skills to be the best you can be
- We offer flexible scheduling, work/life balance, and one of the best discounts around on the highest quality pet food and supplies! Lastly, we are a family oriented team and it is important to provide competitive wages and advancement opportunities as we continue to grow and open more stores.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-20 per week
Salary: $17.50-$18.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Tell us about why you want to work with us and our pet customers?
- Tell us about your availability? (Our ideal candidate is available at least on Monday and Tuesday evenings, as well as for one shift on the weekend)
- Customer Service: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person