What is Voyageur Aviation Corp.?
Unfamiliar with what we do? No worries, we've got you covered!
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo, and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
What we offer and what makes us special:
- We stand out as a leading company engaged in exceptionally distinctive projects, spanning captivating destinations worldwide, and collaborating with extraordinary and exclusive clients.
- We can turn your wildest imagination into reality, whether it's complete plane restructuring and modernization, complex maintenance, or a comprehensive plane redesign.
- Our team comprises the best, with unparalleled expertise. No one else on Earth can match what we achieve. We are true pioneers in avionic technology.
- Abundant growth opportunities await you here. Our employees choose to stay for the long term, thriving in a culture of continuous learning and boundless possibilities.
- We've got you covered! Our comprehensive benefits program is employer-paid and includes extended health care, out-of-country insurance, as well as life and disability coverage.
- Additionally, we offer a retirement pension plan, an employee and family assistance plan, and participation in the Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
Explore your next role:
As a key member of the Flight Operations team, the Captain (CRJ) will report to the Director, Flight Operations and will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our CRJ fleet. Operations consist of supporting our overseas bases throughout Africa and the Middle East.
- Safely operate company aircraft as the Pilot-in-Command.
- Responsible for briefing crew on planned operation of the aircraft, route to be flown, and any operational concerns.
- Ensure parameters for operational control are maintained throughout flights.
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to Crew Members directly under their command.
- Maintain on-time performance and accomplish flight objectives.
- Liaise with Voyageur’s Dispatch department, ATC, FSS, and customers.
- Ensure all necessary maps, charts, and navigation equipment and readily available on the aircraft.
- Review, amend, and complete operational paperwork, Operational Flight Plans, and manuals as needed.
- Lead safety briefings and simulated emergency scenarios.
- Responsible for the safety and security of crew, aircraft, and cargo.
- Proactively utilize Voyageur’s Safety and Risk Management system.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, air regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain qualifications required to crew CRJ aircraft.
Your Distinctive Ingredients for Success:
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Possess a valid ATPL.
- CL65 Type Rating.
- Minimum 4,000 hours total flight time.
- Minimum 2000 hours Pilot-in-Command time.
- Minimum 1250 hours of time on type on a CL65 aircraft, of which a minimum of 750 hours is PIC on a CL65 aircraft.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to work a flexible rotation schedule.
- Possess a valid passport and be able to travel internationally unrestricted.
Previous experience is required, but we are open to individuals with previous transferable skills such as: Pilot, CRJ, CRJ 200, CRJ 900, Bombardier, Aviation, Captain, Airline, Cargo, Charters, Overseas, International etc.
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
You belong here!
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Transport Canada issued ATPL (required)
- CL65 type rating (preferred)
- pilot licence with 4,000 hours total flight time (required)
- pilot licence with 2000 hours Pilot-in-Command time (required)
- pilot licence with 1250 hours time on type(CL65) (required)
- pilot licence with 750 hours is PIC time on type(CL65) (required)
Work Location: On the road