Who are we: Athabasca Workforce Solutions Inc. (AWS) is looking for Travel Nurses ready to work in Alberta. We are here to help solve the temporary staffing needs of Alberta Health Services. This role is an exceptional opportunity for energetic, enthusiastic RNs! Many benefits may apply like Covered Travel Expenses, Food, and Car Rental (if Manager approves).
AWS is looking for the right individuals for the Registered Nurse for multiple locations through Alberta. For travel and out of province nurses flights and accommodation will be provided.
- Perform nursing assessments and interventions, care planning, implementing prescribed treatments, administering medications, evaluating treatments, and monitoring/documenting treatment progress and patient/resident response.
- Individual patient evaluation and treatment- health evaluations, vaccines, treatments, and regular patient follow-up to promote health and disease prevention advice.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the rest of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to act on one's own initiative and display proactive/preventative care methods.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Acute Care medical experience.
- LTC experience or experience with medication pass for 30 seniors; leading team of HCAs; wound and fall management.
- ED experience and ACLS prepared; Acute care medical experience LTC experience or experience with med pass for 30 seniors on LTC, leading team, wound management.
- Orientation for LTC provided, Acute (Med/Surg) + ER Experience
- ED only approved - will orientate for AC if needed
- ACLS required.
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse or Bachelor of Nursing program.
- Current AHS employees will not be considered for this position.
- Recent acute care, emergency, and/or surgery experience.
- Active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) in good standing or ability to register prior to the placement date is required.
- Vulnerable sector search proof not older than 90 days.
- Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Proof of Rubella Vaccination.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP)
- 1-2 years relevant experience preferred in Emergency, Med/Surgery.
- Experience in hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation, continuous renal replacement therapy, arterial/central lines, inotropes, and experience taking care of intubated patients.
- Advanced Life Support Certificate.
- Available to work days, nights, evenings, and weekends for 8 and 12 hours shift.
- Drivers license.
- Perioperative trained OR Nurse General Surgery; Spine; Thoracic; Ortho; Plastics; Neuro; Oral Maxillary Facial (OMF); Trauma; Cardiac Open Heart; Gyne; Kidney Transplants
- Do not need to be proficient in all services, must be proficient in at least two
- Prefer at least 1 year experience in a large hospital/trauma hospital
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Benefits: Flights, accommodation, and travel mileage.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references, and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Casual, Temporary
Salary: $75.00-$100.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you currently employed by Alberta Health Services?
- Do you have a BLS certificate?
- Do you currently have or are willing to take a CARNA license?
- Who is your current employer?
- Nursing: 2 years (preferred)
- ICU: 1 year (preferred)
- ER: 1 year (preferred)
- How much exp. do you have in Acute care(Medical/ Surgical?: 1 year (preferred)
- Do you have ICU: 1 year (preferred)
- Critical care Training (preferred)
Work Location: In person