Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Maintenance Person will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The duties will include Routine Maintenance of pools, hot tubs and the boiler room. Servicing heating, ventilation and air conditioning units. Drywall repairs and painting, caulking and apply silicone when needed. Replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed. Respond to guest's maintenance requests to improve their stay. The Maintenance Person needs to be competent with using hand and power tools and work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard. Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License and own vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2 years of maintenance experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Overtime as required.
- Drywalls repairs and caulking (required)
- General knowledge of plumbing repairing.
- Gerenal knowledge about heating units and air conditioners (PTAC units)
- Seasonal outdoor landscaping
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Maintain fire alarms and extinguishers..
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems)..
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required.
- Ability to perform small repairs
- Carpentry skills and refinishing wood preferred
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Must be familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Interact with management, co-workers, and public.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must have or be prepared to take Pool Operator's Course provided by AHS.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Discounted Passes/Lift tickets atGrouse Mountain andRevelstoke Mountain Resort
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Grouptakes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.