Project Coordinator - Alberta Blue Book (Part-time, 20 hrs/week, Contractor)
The Blue Book project committee is looking to hire a Project Coordinator. This position is remote and can be performed from anywhere in Alberta. The role is part-time and will require 20 hours work per week for 10 months of the year, September to June, with July and August off without pay. We are looking for a long-term fit that enjoys the unpaid downtime during the summer months and is ready to start back again each September.
This position will report to the Blue Book project committee which includes staff members from Alberta Barley, Alberta Canola, Alberta Pulse Growers and the Alberta Wheat Commission.
The Blue Book is Alberta’s Crop Protection Guide and is a longstanding and trusted resource for Alberta farmers and agronomists, providing current pesticide application information, with over 600 pages of valuable crop protection information, spraying guidelines and farm safety. The Blue Book is an essential tool for farming operations. The Blue Book publication is collaboratively produced by four of Alberta’s crop commissions – Alberta Barley, Alberta Canola, Alberta Pulse Growers and Alberta Wheat.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Blue Book Communications and Marketing
- Develop a marketing and advertising plan for promoting both pre-orders and after publication within budget as directed by the committee.
- Coordinate advertising assets with an external agency.
- Edit and update the AlbertaBlueBook.com website as necessary for content updates and pre-order information.
- Coordinate with distribution and warehouse team throughout the year.
- Manage Alberta Blue Book’s twitter feed and account.
- Create a social media monthly schedule with approval from the committee.
Blue Book Project Management
- Organize quarterly committee meetings with stakeholders.
- Prepare end of year financial statements in coordination with accounting team and present to committee members at one of the quarterly meetings.
- Update and maintain the overall Blue Book budget.
- Develop and implement a business-to-business strategy for ag retailers, agronomists and agrologists for bulk print orders.
Blue Book Customer Service
- Manage customer requests, questions and problems sent via email and phone.
- Identify and assess customer’s needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Place orders for customers that are unable to place the orders themselves.
- Build sustainable relationships with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Maintain the customer database as needed.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Coordinate and collaborate information with the publisher in regards to customer orders, inquiries and deliveries.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution.
Experience and Qualifications
· University degree in communications, public relations, or business management, preferred
· 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
· Comfortable working remotely and conducting meetings by video or phone
· Strong writing and project management skills
· Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently within a highly collaborative team environment
· Experience in the agriculture industry would be considered an asset
Contractor pay: $3,300 per month based on 20 hours per week (80 hours per month, September through June), with July and August off without pay each year -
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $3,300.00 per month
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-09-01