Digital Business Services (DBS) Manager (Full-time, permanent)
Smythe LLP (Smythe) is looking for an experienced, team-orientated Digital Business Services (DBS) Manger to help advance the technologyobjectives of our firm.
Smythe LLP is a leading professional services firm with offices in Vancouver, Langley and Nanaimo. Since 1980, Smythe has assisted clients in BC, Canada and across the border with their accounting, assurance, taxation, insolvency and advisory needs. Smythe’s clients include private, public, family-owned and non-profit organizations across a wide range of industries. Smythe is also a member of Allinial Global, one of the largest international accounting networks.
The firm’s diverse team comprises over 200 individuals in both professional and support roles, all of whom work together to achieve our mission of building meaningful connections, providing expertise and delivering enduring value to our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join the Smythe team and lead the operations and infrastructure team within DBS. This includes supporting our talented and committed team members that provide infrastructure, network, security and user support services. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the DBS Manager will be responsible for leading and guiding the team and will work closely with vendors to support our operational needs. This is a hands-on role supporting a small team, and the successful candidate will also be accountable for a variety of system administration tasks, including configuring and maintaining the M365 environment. The ideal candidate should expect to spend 60% of their time on system administration activities and 40% supporting the team and acting as an escalation path on tickets.
- Oversee a team of Tech professionals, including hiring, training, coaching, and performance management. Provide leadership and guidance to ensure the team's productivity, effectiveness, and professional development.
- Administer and support the Microsoft 365 environment – supporting Intune, AAD, Endpoint Manager, Office 365, Teams and SharePoint.
- Act as a back-up for the Infrastructure Analyst
- Collaborate with the CIO and the organization's security and compliance resources to develop and enforce IT security policies, implement security controls, conduct risk assessments, and address data privacy concerns.
- Oversee relationships with external technology vendors, including contract negotiation, service-level agreements, and monitoring vendor performance. Evaluate vendor solutions and make recommendations for procurement decisions.
- Ensure Tech operations adhere to relevant regulatory requirements, industry standards, and internal policies. Develop and enforce IT governance frameworks, standards, and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Ensure effective technology service delivery to end-users, including help desk support, incident management, and problem resolution. Foster a customer-centric approach to support, continuously improving service quality.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, assess their relevance to the organization's objectives, and make recommendations for their adoption. Manage the planning and implementation of new technologies and system upgrades.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the DBS department's performance, identify areas for improvement, and report to the CIO and other stakeholders regularly.
What we’re looking for
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related
- 7+ years of experience in technology, with 2 years+ managing tech professionals
- Microsoft 365 - Broad knowledge of the entire stack is required in this role.
- Active Directory and group policy administration
- Experience working with virtualized desktop environments, including VMWare
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 Sales, Power BI is a benefit, but not required
- Job-specific skills – get from Michelle Harrison
- Clear and above-par professional communication skills
- A personable and outgoing demeanor
- To be a self-motivated team player who is able to take initiative
In addition, you will need to
- Be present in person at your primary office location at least two days a week
- Work additional hours during peak times
- Be available after hours for emergency IT issues
What Smythe offers
At Smythe, we strive to offer a competitive salary and benefits package that accurately reflects our people’s values and ambitions. We prioritize professional development and have fostered a dynamic and progressive work culture. As a firm, our focus is on collaboration and building personal relationships with clients, mentors and peers. Learn more about what you can expect from Life at Smythe by visiting our website (www.smythecpa.com) and following us on Instagram (@lifeatsmythe) and LinkedIn (@Smythe LLP).
We thank you for your interest in joining Smythe! We will get back to you regarding any updates to your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $105,000.01-$126,770.56 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6C 2B3