communicatorsto for,,a of We’re ZGM. We are the largest, full-service agency in Alberta with over 100 employees based in Calgary and Edmonton. We’ve won both national and international awards. So, what does all this mean for you? It means we have depth. It means we have a great deal of talent and experience, and it means we are a great employer. ZGMers are curious; they aren’t afraid to speak their mind, and they come to work every day ready for the next challenge. We like to think we make a difference by delivering experiences and results for brands that value imagination and innovation - and we have a lot of fun doing it. Still not sure - check out our employee handbook here employee handbook.
This is an in-office position. We’re looking for a full-time front end web developer with 3+ years of experience in web dev and two years with Webflow to join our digital team. Managed by our Director of Digital, the Web Team creates visually stunning sites that engage and convert. To succeed in this role, you'll need to be a good communicator, team player, and confident when implementing responsive designs. You can handle multiple projects at once, and you’ve worked with a team before to bring creative ideas to life.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be creative, make smart and streamlined decisions, learn a ton, and support clients who are making a difference in your community, this is the role for you.
ZGM has a unique partner in Paper Leaf, an Edmonton-based app and software development firm. If you’re interested, you’ll have opportunities to play in the creative marketing space and learn from devs working through complex, large-scale projects.
You’re the ideal candidate for this position if you…
are a true problem-solver and critical thinker
- are Webflow certified
- are a collaborative worker
- have an eye for detail and design
- are able to implement web designs with animation and interactions
- love the web and technology
- think through problems thoroughly and can foresee gaps in project details
- are detail-oriented
- take true pride in your work, and hold yourself accountable to the quality of your execution
- are able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented
- are a frequent and good communicator about your work
The duties of this role involve…
Following a well-established build process.
- Providing CMS training for clients.
- Building client-friendly CMSs.
- Implementing finalized design files into responsive websites.
- Receiving and implementing feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing technical recommendations as required.
- Elevating the digital execution of digital products.
You’ll need these to be considered for this position…
- 3+ years of front-end development experience (HTML/CSS/JS), preferably using Tailwind as a responsive front-end framework
- 2+ years experience developing for content management systems (Webflow & WordPress)
- Experience with Git/version control
- Experience using Figma
- Experience with web accessibility or the ability and willingness to learn
- A degree or diploma in a related field is an asset.
If you don’t meet one or two of these requirements but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take.
What We Offer
We work in a fun, energetic environment that nurtures ideas and originality. ZGM offers a competitive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, benefits, RSP matching, and vacation time, and the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; and more.
We at ZGM are committed to ensuring that all people, across age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, faith, and physical abilities, feel welcome and are represented in our decision-making. We promise our staff, clients, and communities that we will never stop learning, sharing, and working toward becoming a more equitable organization.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please communicate with us early on. Any information received surrounding accommodation requests are kept confidential.
We are always looking for the right candidates to help us grow and will be in contact with those we wish to connect with for an interview. Thank you for considering ZGM!