If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Permanent Full Time Dietary Aide to join our Parkstone team based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $18.38-$18.68
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards. Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Assists with the process for checking and receiving of deliveries and inventory control. Ensures all supplies are stored, labelled, and rotated properly.
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Reports areas and equipment in need of repair to the maintenance department.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Grade 12 or GED
- Food Handlers Certification
- You have the ability to work flexible hours and shifts (including weekends and holidays)
- You have strong customer service skills and a passion for serving seniors.
- You possess some experience in the culinary field and are familiar with preparing plates for clients
- Previous experience working with the elderly is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in the English language is required, proficiency in other languages considered an asset
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.