The Saskatchewan Health Authority <a href:"https://www.saskhealthauthority.ca/">Saskatchewan Health Authority</a>is looking for psychiatrists to join our Mental Health Team in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. You would be working with a multi-disciplinary group that includes psychiatrists and various other mental health professionals at the Battlefords Mental Health Centre. The incumbent will be responsible for outpatient and inpatient services, as well as emergency, after-hours call coverage in a 1-in-6 rotation. The Battlefords Mental Health Centre is a 22-bed acute inpatient unit attached to the Battlefords Union Hospital. Typically each psychiatrist will be responsible for the care of 5 or 6 inpatients, with afternoons devoted to outpatient follow ups. Although some adolescent and elderly patients are treated on the unit, the majority of the clinical work is general adult psychiatry.
- Must hold certification or be eligible for certification in Psychiatry from the <a href="https://www.royalcollege.ca/content/rcpsc/ca/en/credentials-exams/exam-eligibility.html">Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada</a>
- Must be eligible for provisional or regular licensure from the <a href="https://www.cps.sk.ca/imis/cpss/registration/Licensure.aspx?LicensureCCO=4#LicensureCCO">College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS)</a>
- Coverage with the <a href="https://www.cmpa-acpm.ca/en/home">Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)</a> is required
- Applicants must have successfully achieved their English Language Proficiency (IELTS) and the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE) as requirements for licensure with the CPSS
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada
- Recruitment and Relocation incentive of $25,000.00 available for a 3 year return for service to the Community of North Battleford.
- This opportunity may be eligible to receive the <a href="https://www.saskdocs.ca/work/specialists/psychiatry/">Psychiatry Recruitment and Retention Incentive</a> of up to $200,000!
Support with relocation, immigration and community integration is available as well as physician mentorship.
<a href="www.cityofnb.ca/">City of North Battleford</a>
<a href="www.battleford.ca/">Town of Battleford</a>
<a href="https://battlefords.ca/">Battlefords Tourism</a>
<a href="https://www.usask.ca/"University of Saskatchewan</a>
<a href="https://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/">Tourism Saskatchewan</a>
<a href="https://www.tourismsaskatoon.com/">Tourism Saskatoon</a>
Interested Applicants can apply with CV to:
Cammie Vany, Practitioner Staff Affairs Coordinator
Battlefords Union Hospital Administration Office
1092 - 107th Street
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $396,465.00 to $429,441.00 /year
Current Call Rota is 1:6 shared equitably with colleagues. <a href="https://www.ehealthsask.ca/services/resources/Resources/Specialist-Emergency-Coverage-Program-SECP-Updated-November-2019.pdf">Specialist Emergency Call Program (SECP) SMA Specialist Emergency Call Program</a> stipend available with potential income from call $15,000/annually
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $396,465.00-$429,441.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Doctoral Degree (preferred)
- Psychiatry: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-12-31