GFL Environmental is looking for an experienced Millwright to join our Waste and Recycling Centre in Delta, BC!
The Millwright (Maintenance Technician) will support the composting site in Delta with repairs and maintenance of equipment. The ideal candidate has experience repairing and maintaining equipment related to screeners, grinders and conveyor systems.
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
- Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
- We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
- With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
- We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
- We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
- GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance
Why Join TEAM GREEN
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- RRSP/ DPSP contributions
- Possible Over Time
- Compressed Work week schedules & excellent Work life balance
- Specific experience with preventative maintenance and diagnostics on conveyors, electronics, and electronic motors
- Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
- Performs maintenance related work as required
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team.
- Journeyman Millwright/ Red Seal Millwright
- Physical requirements of lifting items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid Class 5 license, or optionally Class 3 with airbrakes endorsement
- Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools to perform basic repairs
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.