The Site Reliability Team is seeking a Senior Database Administrator. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our database servers and will participate in developing and implementing solutions that will help meet the enterprise data storage needs. The Senior Database Administrator will also be required to apply database standards around design, quality assurance, capacity planning, security, backup and recovery, and performance for our different products.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will work as a member of the Site Reliability Team. The team is responsible for the ongoing operation of Pason’s DataHub and cloud-infrastructure. Our responsibility is to maintain a high level of uptime, reliability, and support to the Datahub. We leverage the use of Amazon Web Service technologies and invest heavily in deployment and infrastructure automation.
- Participate in the team’s 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Monitor database servers and ensure they are in healthy condition
- Verify all databases are backed up with given backup policy
- Analyze production database issues and provide optimized solutions
- Assist other teams with database design, query optimizations, and analyzing critical issues
- Develop DBA tools to improve monitoring, automate jobs, and verify data integrity
- Perform research on alternative database engines, storages, and backup solutions to improve stability, performance, and cost efficiency
- Experience working with MySQL, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS Database Services (RDS, Aurora, and DynamoDB)
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc)
- Query optimization and performance experience
- Experience with Database backups and restoration
- Scripting experience (Bash, Go Language, etc)
- Experience with Database updates and patching
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience using Git/Gitlab
- Experience using Datadog for performance monitoring and alerting
- Experience managing Databases using Terraform
- The ability to work in a team or as an individual
This position allows the opportunity for an employee to work in a hybrid environment where a portion of their role is in the office and the other portion remote.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field
Bachelors or better in Engineering - Computer or related field
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field