STERILE SUPPLY TECHNICIAN
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose, and Commitment of Olive Fertility Centre:
Olive Fertility Centre is a patient centred care facility which views patient care from the patients’ perspective. All employees embrace this concept ensuring patients receive excellent quality care with a compassionate, attentive touch. The Sterile Supply Technician works in collaboration with the nursing, laboratory, administration, and accounting teams, and supports the physicians with clinical duties while embracing Olive Fertility Centre’s concept and mission statement. This position requires the Sterile Supply
Technician (SST) certificate.
Key Areas of Involvement Include:
- Set up of procedure room.
- Sterilize probes using Trophon system.
- Tidy and clean procedure and examination rooms between procedures.
- Wash, pack, and autoclave instruments following all established Standard Operating Procedures and meeting all College of Physicians of BC requirements and accreditation standards.
- Restock procedure rooms, assessment rooms and ultrasound rooms.
- Clean recovery area and tidy private patient washrooms and changerooms.
- Assisting in patient admission and discharge, providing pre-procedure/ultrasound instructions, collection of urine sample and testing of urine sample, assisting with procedure room change over and tray set up.
- Ensures the accurate, timely and complete documentation of all records keeping relating to MDR as required by the College of Physicians of BC.
- Follows all clinical policies, SOP’s, MIFU, MSDS sheets and work instructions. Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety responsibilities and functions.
- Participating in regular training, annual audits and competency assessments and routine evaluations to ensure accreditation standards are maintained.
- Specialized assignments as backup for other departments: Reception, Chart preparation and scheduling, Booking of orientations, Review of infectious disease bloodwork and obtaining outstanding results, and Medication payment.
- Other duties as required by operational needs.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12 graduation, completion of a Sterile Processing Technician certification program, and completion of Medical Device Reprocessing Theory Course, plus two (2) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Completion of the Canadian Standards Association Certified Medical Device Reprocessing Technicians program is preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is preferred, but not mandatory.
Skills and Abilities:
- Adept at picking up new skills and effectively putting them into practice.
- Capacity to accept full responsibility for work and where necessary, ability to find ways and means to improve work performance.
- Good eye for details and excellent follows through on daily tasks.
- Independent and confident with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to remain quiet and attentive during procedures.
- Professional, friendly demeanour that can effectively defuse difficult situations and put patients at ease.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of healthcare professionals.
- Able to quickly adapt to varying needs of organization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in an environment subject to changing deadlines, stress, and interruptions.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and applicable software applications such as MS One Drive, Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as experience with an Electronic Medical Records system.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person