Specializing in structural engineering, building science, structural restoration, structural glass engineering, parking facility design and building energy modelling, RJC Engineers (RJC) is one of Canada’s leading engineering firms. Recognized as an exceptional workplace, we mentor the next generation of Canada’s ‘best and brightest’ engineers and technologists. With offices and expertise across Canada, we challenge our people to push technical boundaries and provide leadership in our fields of practice, while providing services for clients and projects nationwide.
We believe in taking care of our people and help them realize their full potential. RJC offers the opportunity to work in an engaging team environment where you will work on exciting and challenging projects, discover new and developing technologies, practices and techniques and where you will flourish in a culture of continuous learning and collaboration. Working under the guidance of leading technical specialists who broadly share their expertise, you will get to fine tune your skills and cultivate your expertise while being given the opportunity to pursue your professional goals.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact, and will have strong communication skills with a professional manner. The successful candidate will be performing a variety of administrative tasks, along with being able to multi-task and prioritize during high volume demands. As part of the Administrative Team, they will be handling meeting room bookings, catering orders, formatting letters and forms, dealing with building issues, and much more. This position is an important role within the company reporting to the Office Services Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a multi-line switchboard, along with greeting clients and guests
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, including faxes, and couriers
- Type forms, assist in formatting letters and data entry
- Enter and code invoices into PaperSave for processing
- Manage meeting room bookings, catering orders, and set-ups needs
- Assist with event planning and coordination, including some after hour functions
- Interact with Building Management on various requests, including access cards and parking
- Assist in Iron Mountain retrieval (off-site storage) of files for Engineers
- Photocopying, binding and scanning, including troubleshooting printer issues
- Assist with registration of attendees to conferences/seminars
- Manage new hire task list and departures
- Daily maintenance of kitchen areas: replenish supplies, dishwashers, general cleanliness
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as may be assigned by Office Manager
- 3-5 years’ Reception experience in a professional busy office environment
- Familiarity with the professional services environment and a multi-line phone system
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe software
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Great customer service focus and courteous phone manner
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with others, with a positive and respectful attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong work ethics
This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.