TDB Consultants Inc. in Prince George, BC is hiring! The Forestry Field Assistant is an entry-level position responsible for supporting project teams in all aspects of multiphase timber development by assisting other forestry professionals with land navigation, data collection and data recording.
Don't have any related experience? Not a worry! We hire the right attitude over aptitude and provide training, no experience necessary.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Use Maps and Compasses to Navigate in the Forest
- Assist with Field Work: GPS Traversing, Timber Cruising, Forest Health & Ecological Data Collection, Reconnaissance, Road & Block Layout, and Related Field Duties
- Obtain and Record Accurate Field Data Using Both Notes and Technology
- Operate Motorized Equipment and Ensure Their Safe and Proper Operation
- Monitor the Safety of the Worksite
- Contribute to a Team Environment Focused on Safety, Quality, And Production
- Have a Fast-Paced, Adventure-Filled Career!
WHAT DO YOU REQUIRE?
- Experience within the Outdoors
- Knowledge of the Forest Industry or Fieldwork Experience is an Asset
- Post-Secondary Education in Forestry or in a Related Field is an Asset
- Attention to Detail; Critical Thinking; Good Judgment and Decision Making; Self-Motivated; Good Problem Solving Abilities; Good Physical Stamina
- Good Verbal/Written Communications
- A Class 5 Driver’s Licence is preferred
- Ability and Willingness to Work in Diverse Terrain and Weather Conditions, and Remote Locations
- Ability and Willingness to Travel, Work Extended Shifts, and Stay in Camps
- Enjoy Working in a Supportive and Collaborative Team Atmosphere
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?
Please visit our website: www.tdb.ca/careers/forestry/
Job Types: Seasonal, Permanent, Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Prince George, BC V2L 5S8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Forestry- Related: 1 year (preferred)