About Max Solutions
Founded by industry veterans Marc Shore and Dennis Kaltman, Max Solutions seeks to impact our customers, employees, communities and the environment through specialty packaging solutions that support the healthcare and consumer segments. We deliver this unmatched impact by investing in next-generation technology, building and supporting an exceptional team of people and never placing limits on creativity.
Max Solutions is looking for a reliable, detail-oriented Procurement Specialist for their operation in Mississauga Ontario. While Max provides labels and folding cartons for consumer, healthcare & media markets, we are much Bigger than Packaging™. Max builds exceptional teams with the best talent, embraces next-generation technology & never places limits on creativity.
The Procurement Specialist will contribute to customer success by:
- Conducting business-to-business purchasing transactions through solid business processes & controls.
- Conducting basic sourcing for new suppliers.
- Building vendor relationships to secure the best total cost of ownership (TCO) on materials, supplies and services that meet quantity and quality expectations.
- Comparing available goods with industry trends and benchmarks to ensure fair value.
- Evaluating and negotiating effective & economic supplier contracts for the best overall value for Max Solutions.
- Staying up to date on industry trends and applying those learnings.
- Inspiring & coordinating continuous improvement projects with supply partners.
- Working with site management to establish appropriate inventory levels for raw materials & consumables. Tracking inventory and restock goods where needed.
- Demonstrating a deliberate focus on Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience: ideal candidate will have 2-4 years professional experience. Less experienced candidates with a hunger to learn should also apply.
- Education: a college degree is strongly preferred in business administration, finance, logistics, supply chain or similar fields.
- Communication: strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Software savvy: demonstrated ability to learn computer systems & teach others. Proficient in MS Excel. Experience with ERP platforms (especially CERM) & MS Office Suite is preferred.
- Project management: demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Negotiation: understands price tradeoffs & effectively negotiates toward win-win results.
- Contracts: ideal candidate has knowledge & experience with drafting, interpreting, revising or otherwise working with contracts.
- Problem-solving: shows logical and effective problem-solving skills with strong analytical skills.
- Work Habits: must be able to perform well under deadline constraints with high quality, detail-oriented work habits.
- Environment: must be able to work effectively in an office environment, as well as brief times in proximity to inks, solvents, and other chemicals. Works well with others across a diverse workforce. A hybrid work environment can be considered.
- Eligibility: must be eligible to work in Canada without restriction.
- Other traits: demonstrates teamwork, is results driven, and has a service-oriented mindset.
Max Solutions promotes continuous learning through professional certifications including Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
Max Solutions Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employers who is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- purchasing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person