SECURE was founded on helping our customers safely manage their waste and products; our future success relies on incorporating innovation, social and environmental considerations into our service offering to better serve our customers. One of the ways SECURE is improving the customer experience is through a mobile and web-based application that combines regulatory compliance, document control and operational efficiency for the industry.
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our team and take our application into production, provide ongoing maintenance, and suggest additional improvements to enhance our application. Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver, forward thinking, and is passionate about customer service and delivering on time.
The customer experience team is customer-obsessed with delivering what our customers need and anticipating their future requirements. If you are excited to join a diverse, driven, innovative and entrepreneurial-minded team and you are passionate about maximizing customer value through technology-based products, this is the role for you. This is a dynamic role that will elevate the value of Canada’s Industrial Sectors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Overseeing the overall development and health of the application, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, testing, and maintaining the full application stack including NodeJS, Typescript, React, Redis, PostgreSQL.
- Recommending and deploying changes to the application to ensure it is fit for purpose and provide support through production and post-implementation.
- Engaging in software architecture design and design patterns.
- Collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders, including various vendors.
- Shaping the definition of product features and engaging in workshops with customers and other teams.
- Ensuring security measures are in place throughout the development of the application.
- Ability to create tests to identify issues within software before new releases.
The individual in this role will have:
- 2+ years of experience in software development – front and back end.
- 1+ years of experience in React (including Hooks) and Typescript.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of CI/CD integration and compliance: AWS code build, code deploy, code commit, code pipeline.
- Prior experience in launching and maintaining applications on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store is considered an asset.
- AWS training and certifications considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft technology stack (including integrations) is considered an asset.
- A collaborator and stakeholder-focused approach to teamwork.
- Strong ability to deploy software with ongoing operations experience, including monitoring, alerting, and incident management.
- A courageous problem solver that can analyze and breakdown complex problems to seek out viable and innovative solutions.
- Proactive with a positive attitude and have a desire to take action to make things better.
- Keen to contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
At SECURE, we focus on opportunities for growth and improvement for our employees, customers, partners and communities we operate. We are an energetic team driven by the needs of our customers, and we care about making a meaningful contribution. We strive to attract, retain, and motivate employees by offering a compensation package that competitively recognizes employee contributions and performance.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employer-paid benefits: health, dental & more
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee savings plans and company matching.
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities
- Community investment activities
- Company/team building events.
2 year(s): Prior experience in launching and maintaining applications on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store is considered an asset.
2 year(s): Understanding of CI/CD integration and compliance: AWS code build, code deploy, code commit, code pipeline.
1 year(s): Experience in React (including Hooks) and Typescript
2 year(s): Software Development - Front and back end
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field