Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. With our global workforce, we have experienced organic growth of 8-12% each year. Rimkus experts specialize in building envelope, structural engineering, MEP services, forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, solutions built for the environment, and help develop better products and processes for the consumer, industrial, and healthcare industries. NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company.
Benefits provided which include Life Insurance, Extended Health Care which consist of: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, as well as some other great perks such as: RRSP/DPSP Programs, paid days off, a referral bonus, as well as a gym membership to GoodLife Fitness. Our company welcomes upskilling and celebrates continuous education in various professional fields. We look forward to meeting with you!
Join Rimkus and unlock your potential with endless opportunities for growth, learning, and making a difference!
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Site Superintendent based in our Halifax Region.
In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to evaluate existing buildings and design solutions for the complex and unique problems of our clients. Projects will include a mix of residential, multi-family, and commercial projects, with an emphasis on repair of damage from fire, wind, flood, and impacts, as well as adaptive reuse of older buildings, and enhancements to existing facilities to accommodate changes in use and implementation of equipment and machinery. You must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and be detail orientated. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
- Oversee all aspects of residential construction projects, including single-family homes, townhouses, or multi-unit developments, from pre-construction to project completion.
- Coordinate with residential contractors to ensure adherence to timelines and deadlines.
- Supervise and lead contractors, and vendors, ensuring a safe and efficient work environment.
- Monitor construction progress and quality of work, implementing corrective actions as necessary to meet project specifications and standards.
- Collaborate with internal project managers, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth project execution and timely resolution of any issues that may arise.
- Enforce compliance with building codes, safety regulations, and company policies to ensure a safe and compliant work site.
- Conduct regular site inspections to assess construction progress, identify potential risks, and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Prepare and maintain accurate construction documentation, including daily logs, progress reports, and change orders.
Duties will Include:
- Work setting in both the office or field environment
- Travel within the Halifax Region
- Measuring of building dimensions and quantifying on site and from drawings
- Interpretation and hand drawing of in-situ construction details
- Working at heights including accessing buildings by ladders, swing stages and mechanical lifts
- Typical duties associated with working in a professional engineering office
- Co-ordinate all input for time billing and job costing
- Other tasks may be required to ensure timely completion of deadlines
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Completion of a degree in an engineering or technology program with a focus on Building Science, Architecture, Civil and / or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience in a relevant capacity, with a minimum of 2 years focusing on projects related to building sciences
- Knowledge in areas related to building science such as thermodynamics, heat transfer and psychometrics
- Understanding of building construction including methods, materials and systems is required
- Exceptional attention to detail, specifically in accuracy of calculations and completeness of data collection and notation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and multi-tasking ability
- Able to work individually and in a team setting
How to Apply:
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- On-site in residential construction: 5 years (preferred)
- consulting engineering: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person