$19.90 + 14.5% In Lieu of Benefits
Are you looking to join a team of professionals that are passionate about providing quality person-centered care in a Long-Term Care Home? Then St. Joseph’s at Fleming is the place for you! Come join our team of dedicated professionals who demonstrate our values of selflessness, integrity, and compassion every day.
The Dietary Aide (DA) is responsible for responsible for ensuring that each resident receives appropriate meal items in accordance with the established methods and procedures under the supervision of the Manager of Food and Nutrition Services. The Dietary Aide is responsible for carrying out their job duties in a safe and professional manner within the scope of their position.
- Follow established methods and procedures for portioning and serving food items for resident means; ensuring that each resident receives the appropriate meal items as prescribed by the Dietitian.
- Ensure all safety and sanitary aspects of food service are followed.
- Operating and caring for Dietary machinery, including keeping work area clean/tidy, reporting repairs, requisitioning, and stocking the work area as needed.
- Safe handling of food items in accordance with Public Health guidelines and institutional food production methods.
- Protect confidential data or information regarding residents.
- Adhere to occupational health and safety standards, infection control guidelines, any legislation and sanitation codes, as applicable.
- Participate in annual education, required in-services, and adheres to St. Joseph’s at Flemings policies and procedures.
- Minimum Grade 12 Educations/GED or equivalent
- Food Service Worker Certificate or completion of the certificate within three (3) years’ of hire
- Experience and knowledge in proper dietary and food services procedures an asset
- Must be available to work weekends, statutory holidays, and varied shifts
- Experience working in Long-Term Care field an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
St. Joseph’s at Fleming is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that to be eligible for employment at St. Joseph’s at Fleming, all new hires must be fully vaccinated and have received their COVID-19 booster vaccination approved by Health Canada and have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the start date. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon St. Joseph’s at Fleming obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Employment at St. Joseph’s at Fleming will be contingent on receipt of a Police and Vulnerable Sector criminal record check that is satisfactory to St. Joseph’s at Fleming’s screening policy.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.90-$21.05 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person