With more than 50 years of Aerospace industry experience, IMP Aerostructures, an Operating Unit of IMP Aerospace and Defence, is a leader in the Aerospace industry providing top quality, structural components and assemblies to clients such as Bombardier, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Spirit Aerosystems and Lockheed. Located in the quaint town of Amherst, NS, just a short trip from Moncton, NB, you’ll enjoy a lifestyle that offers all of the amenities of big city living in a rural setting. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, IMP Group takes enormous pride in the diligence and hard work its employee groups provide. Known for providing its employees with a supportive and challenging atmosphere, fostering growth and personal development, IMP Aerostructures has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to join its winning team!
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated individual to join our team in the role of Industrial Engineer.
- Work in all aspects of the business leading projects that streamline the business process, improve productivity and help in the elimination of waste
- Develop analytical tools and processes that allow for the improved management of business processes
- Using your leadership skills, you will oversee and support productivity initiatives and work with a team to solve manufacturing problems
- Work with the management team on deep dive analysis of the costing variances to enable good root cause and corrective action development
- The documenting of component and process standards used to standardize the most efficient and cost-effective manufacturing processes.
- Support in the development of the procurement department functions with a good understanding of material planning and procurement strategies to reduce cost and ensure on time delivery.
- Through the use of your strong engineering and technology skills you will work as part of a team on the implementation of software-based improvements and solutions.
- Think outside the box to mitigate ERP limitations and develop tools that will work in parallel with existing ERP system.
- As part of the Operations team, you will participate in the development, costing and implementation of Innovative improvements and solutions that improve the business bottom line.
- Maintenance/Development of key performance reports to explain operational and financial performance
- Provide insightful recommendations to improve efficiencies and results
- University degree in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the Aerospace sector
- Must be comfortable in using any coding language to manage large data sets (such as Power Query, VBA, Python, etc…)
- Hands on experience in data management and manufacturing tools such as SQL, VBA, Advanced Excel, PowerBi, Tableau, Catia V5 and ERP systems
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Standard Costing, Manufacturing accounting
- Variance Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Manufacturing KPIs and Monitoring Tools
- ERP Systems (preferably JDE Edwards).
- Detail oriented, with strong teamwork and communication skill
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
Applications for the above position will be accepted until the position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only individuals selected for an interview will be notified.
IMP AEROSTRUCTURES IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume