Come Build Your Career at Aecon!
As a Canadian leader in infrastructure development, Aecon is safely and sustainably building what matters for future generations to thrive! We lead some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of our generation, at the forefront of transformational change in transportation and energy, and partnering every day to build, connect, power, and strengthen our communities.
At Aecon, you can count on:
- Safety First. Our number one core value. If we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it at all.
- Integrity. We lead by example, with humility and courage.
- Accountability. We’re passionate about delivering on our commitments.
- Inclusion. We provide equitable opportunities for everyone.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. So, we invest in our people, just like they invest in us!
At Aecon we:
- Ensure you and your family receive the services needed to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being
- Believe in helping you build your career through our Aecon University and Leadership Programs
- Are committed to supporting and investing in inclusive work environments, through initiatives like Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training, our Aecon Women in Trades and Aecon Diversity in Trades programs, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to ensure we are building inclusion into every aspect of our culture at Aecon.
- Are a leader in sustainable construction. With a strong commitment to operating responsibility by minimizing our impact on the environment and surrounding communities.
Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our people. We’re always searching the globe for innovative, collaborative minds to join our best-in-class Aecon community!
Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We are proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
The Loader Operator position is located in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
- Operate Loader to load trucks.
- Operate Loader to fill feeder bins.
- Operate Loader with various attachments (i.e., forks, shovels)
- Operate Loader in various settings, such as gravel pit, asphalt plant, and or construction sites.
- Ensure feed bins are loaded to specific capacity.
- Preventative maintenance on machinery/equipment as required.
- Adhering to all safety policies and processes.
- Additional tasks as required by supervisor.
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience operating Loader in construction environment.
- Familiar with aggregates and the construction industry required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Awareness of surroundings and ability to perform job in a safe manner.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors, and the public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Must be a team player.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process please click here.