This job is a position for clients living between Windsor and Kentville. Some of these clients require personal hygiene care. You need to have a working vehicle and $2 million third-party liability in order to do this job.
Why should you apply to be a support worker with Support Services Group Cooperative? Here are our top 5 reasons!
5) SSG is unique in Nova Scotia in that it was founded as a cooperative of families working together to secure the supports their family members needed to live successful independent lives in the wider community. The people we support are members of the co-op, and they have a lot of decision-making power and control in their own lives.
4) We do not have small options homes or group homes. Our members live in apartments they and their family have chosen. This allows us to tailor each members’ care plan according to their own needs, preferences and abilities. We can provide exactly the right level of support to foster independence and choice
3) If you get a job with SSG, you will be working alongside a very talented and compassionate group of coworkers who are committed to supportive teamwork and to enriching the lives of our members. You will grow as a support worker and as a human by working with them.
2) Our management positions are filled from within our own ranks. We are always keeping our eyes on current employees to spot talented and committed individuals who are interested in new challenges and roles within SSG.
1) Our first goal is to make the lives of our members safe, fulfilling and joyful. Our second goal is to provide the supports YOU need to be able to do your very best work.
All you need to start working with us is a valid First Aid certificate, a clean criminal record check and a passion for fostering independence and dignity. All additional training will be provided by our in-house trainer, and you will be paid your hourly rate for attending our training sessions.
Your mission as a support worker at SSG will include:
- Assisting members with activities of daily living, including (but not limited to) bathing and personal care, meal preparation, cleaning, laundry , grocery shopping, attending medical appointments, etc.
- Developing a strong respectful relationship with the member you are supporting
- Nurturing the member’s confidence and independence to allow them to participate fully in our community.
- Planning leisure and recreational activities
- Responding appropriately in times of crisis/emergency
- Making a lasting, positive impact on our members quality of life
- Building strong supportive relationships within your team
All staff are required to work every other weekend.
Job Types: Casual
Salary: From $16.90 per hour
Job Types: Casual
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 0-20 per week
Salary: $16.90-$22.45 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have a current First Aid certificate from the Red Cross, St John Ambulance or the Heart and Stroke Foundation?
- Do you have a criminal record check and vulnerable check taken in the last 6 months?
- driver license and $2 m third party liability car insurance (required)
Work Location: In person