Technology Refresh Engagement Planner
PHSA Willingdon, Burnaby
In accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values and strategic direction of PHSA, safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Reporting to the Technology Refresh Program (TRP) Planning and Delivery Lead, the Technology Refresh Engagement Planner is responsible for leading the end-to-end delivery of TRP services to assigned clients across VCH, PHSA and PHC (VPP). They drive client engagement, project management and related support activities in alignment with the overall TRP plan; accurately capture and submit client TRP orders strictly adhering to protocols defined by Service Providers; project manage deployment activities including external contractors; report on site TRP progress to senior stakeholders; facilitate meetings with clients and other stakeholders to resolve issues in service delivery capabilities; and provide post deployment issue resolution support. The Technology Refresh Engagement Planner will commit to and pursue continuous quality improvement according to IT Service Management best practices.
What you’ll do
- Establishes detailed plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables for TRP. Executes TRP project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, consults with external stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation
- Tracks project progress according to project plan and identified metrics. Monitors and reports on the status of projects and major barriers encountered. Makes recommendations to Client Services management regarding projects scope and related changes required to facilitate a successful outcome. Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle
- Participates in the development and monitoring of resourcing within the context of operations demands and environmental constraints and uses best practice methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated resources
- Provides leadership to Client stakeholders and contract resources (as required) by giving advice or guidance in situations that require interpretation and judgment
- Communicate detailed TRP requirements and reports by establishing and facilitating site meetings including status, licensing and other stakeholder engagement meetings; and drive and support client change management activities including advising on client impact messaging
- Serve as a subject matter expert to develop project documentation; conduct analysis of workflows, governance structures, and TRP design; and participate in client, governance and team meetings
- Perform other related duties as required
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a degree in information technology or related discipline. One or more certifications such as ITIL and Certified Associate in Project Management. Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience with IT disciplines from an enterprise environment in a large, complex, multi-site organization. And a minimum of three (3) years of experience leading projects or cross-functional project teams or similar supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management or leading project teams under the direction of a senior project manager
- Excellent tracking, scheduling, project coordination and client engagement skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in exercising strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills to effectively relate to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in adhering to standardized procedures as well as strong process orientation
- Excellent demonstrated issue management, business analysis, and critical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with diverse stakeholders, focusing on clients, and working in a cross-functional environment
- Prior experience in project management and change management
- Experience with MS Office with a focus on Excel as well as inventory management applications (e.g. Dashworks, Lansweeper, Ziften, etc.)
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Salary Range: $72,445 - $104,139 /year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 0830-1630 (Monday to Friday)
Requisition # 151539E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 8, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at [email protected]
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.