Full time Safety Officer:
Westrich Pacific Corp is an innovative Western Canadian Developer specializing in high rise concrete condominiums and mixed use developments. We are growing our low rise multi family construction team. We are looking for a Construction Safety Officer to join our Construction team. The CSO will work directly with Project Managers, Site Supervisors, and Site Operatives in all coordination and administration activities regarding site safety and hazard prevention.
The successful candidate is responsible for the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Ensuring Westrich Construction, its employees and sub-contractors comply with all government and corporate safety procedures. This includes reviewing trade’s safety documentation and ensuring it is comprehensive and being implemented on site.
- Assessing and maintaining the site’s safety, environmental, hazard assessment and Occupational Health and Safety standards, procedures and protocols and ensuring that compliance with all local, provincial and federal laws, rules and regulations are being maintained. This includes the creation and implementation of safety procedures and coverage as company operates.
- Coordination and conducting the man power and training of all branch staff in all safety related programs e.g.: WHMIS, equipment operation, fall protection, first aid, health and forklift training, etc.
- Monitor and/or assist safety maintenance programs on all company owned or rented equipment
- Conducting on site orientation, monitoring onsite procedures and work processes, developing safe work practices and procedures with site personnel, maintaining personal protective equipment policies and standards, maintaining safety information and records, coordinating and facilitating safety training for employees and acting as a safety resource for employees.
- Documents and maintains all safety incidents and ensures appropriate paperwork is completed.
- Maintain records of all employee safety certifications, ensure employees are kept up-to-date with their certificates and coordinate re-certifications when necessary.
- Complete appropriate quality control, assigned paperwork, safety checks and clerical work as required
- Ensure safety certifications are maintained and up to date (i.e. COR) for audits.
- Ensure compliance with OH&S standard operating procedures.
- Performs routine clerical work as required.
- Abide by and act in accordance with all company policies, operating and training procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
- Maintain MSDS, review and advise on OH & S Forms and hazard assessments
- Review and coordinate all aspects (including claims) of an incident investigation/report including health, safety, environment, medical, first aid cases, and damage to property or equipment and verify that corrective action has been completed.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Minimum 3 year experience in Multi Family construction projects with below grade parking levels required
- Minimum Level 2 Occupational First Aid Training
- NCSO designation
- Completed Construction Safety Officer Training (Not Required but an asset)
- Good computer skills, proficient MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point etc)
- Proficient in English (written and verbal)
- Well develop interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Results-driven who ensures the right course of action is taken
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Must have current accreditation in Auditor Training program and Leadership Safety Excellence
Pay would be based on experience. Please submit cover letter and resume in response to this ad to: [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.07-$24.17 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 2B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person