ABOUT TCA TECHNOLOGIES INC
Based just south of Guelph, Ontario, with easy access to Highway 401, TCA Technologies Inc. is a small and innovative automation company that has been in business for over 25 years. Catering to some of the world’s most successful manufacturers, TCA Technology Inc. has become a leader in custom designing and manufacturing exceptional industrial automation solutions for industries such as automotive, energy, health sciences, electronic, vertical farming and consumer products. At TCA, we specialize in taking complex, innovative projects and developing them into robust, cost-efficient and highly dependable solutions.
The success of our company is our people. We are a team of 50 highly skilled and creative thinkers that work beyond the industrial norm to conceptualize and deliver exceptional solutions. Our distinct vision, strong company values, positive culture, exceptional work environment, commitment to excellence, and customer focus set us apart.
We are presently seeking a Control Systems Integrator/Programmer to join our remarkable team. The successful candidate will have controls engineering experience.
- Design, develop, implement, document and troubleshoot complete control system programs for custom automated equipment.
- Program control systems using PLC's, PC's, servo drives, robots, and other more specialized controllers, HMI’s, vision and data acquisition systems.
- Design and development of PLC programming (AB, Omron, Siemens, Beckhoff, etc.)
- Programming and implementing HMI (AB, Siemens, Omron, Proface, Automation Direct, etc.)
- Design and programming of safety system (Safety PLC and Controllers)
- Design of industrial networks (Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, Profinet, DeviceNet, Profibus, RS-232)
- Robot systems design (Fanuc, Denso, ABB, Motoman)
- Configuring AC/DC drives (AB, ABB, Siemens, Omron, Emerson)
- Servo motion systems configuring and programming (AB, Omron, Siemens, ClearPath, etc.)
- Machine vision design (Cognex, Keyence, Banner, Omron)
- Design of SCADA systems using Ignition
- Assist with machine start-ups (I/O checks, devices setup, program upload, safety system checks, robot teaching, and machine test and debugging)
- Troubleshooting of electrical controls and mechanical mechanisms
- Initiate preliminary PHSR’s with Safety Engineers as required
- Complete system documentation including drawing updates, operation manuals, and electronic settings
- Provide after-sale customer service for technical support
- Travel to customer sites to assist in machine start-up, operator training, maintenance training and machine service as required. Typically, this is within daytime driving distance, but can require travel, and therefore the successful candidate must have the ability to travel outside of Canada.
Qualifications & Experience
- University or College degree/diploma in Mechatronics, Electromechanical, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, System Design, Controls Technology, Automation and Robotics, or equivalent
- Ideally, a minimum 4-5 years’ experience in system/controls development, design and integration of factory automation equipment
- Thorough understanding of PLC’s, HMIs, servos, VFDs, robotics control systems, vision and machine operation
- Familiarity with design standards including CE, CSA, NFPA, SEMI, EN and others
- Solid understanding of electrical design fundamentals such as but not limited to: power calculations, wiring, fuse sizing and type selection
- Solid understanding of safety systems design
- Ignition SCADA system integration experience/certification. This skill is considered an important asset for this position
- Good oral and written communication skills. Must exhibit professional and courteous communication / interaction under pressure with Customers, Vendors and TCA staff
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of self-motivation
- Strong logical and methodical reasoning capabilities
- Desire to keep abreast of leading-edge technology
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a multidisciplinary environment
- Candidates must have a valid passport and drivers license allowing to travel seamlessly (with no visa) to USA, Europe, Mexico, China, etc.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when required
- Preference given those with an Automation/Integrator background, but all are welcome to apply
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Ignition SCADA: 4 years (preferred)
- PLC Programming: 4 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person