Reporting to the AVP, Corporate Actuarial, the candidate assumes administrative and corporate duties in order to meet the departmental objectives.
- Participate in the preparation of the financial statements and other actuarial reports including the calculation of passive actuarial of the policies according to Canadian and US GAAP
- Validate the data used in the actuarial calculation and produce the external & internal verification reports
- Participate in the production of the Business Plan
- Assist in the preparation of the actuarial report (Appointed Actuary Report)
- Support the production of financial projections and collaborate in the analysis and production of reports
- Manages team projects with the help of analysts
- Represents the Corporate Actuarial department on certain projects
- Participate, by using software tools, in the preparation of the necessary actuarial evaluations
- Ensure the integrity of the databases used
- Maintain the systems up to date which serve for calculations and projections
- University degree in actuarial or in mathematics
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and/or Canadian Institute of Actuairies (ACIA)
- Strong knowledge and interest for computer & software skills, MS Office, VBA, SQL, Oracle
- Minimum of 6 years of related professional experience
- Good knowledge of the AXIS software, an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Sense of organization and detailed-oriented
- Bilingualism, French and English, oral and written, particularly as the employee will be writing reports/documents and interacting frequently with unilingual English-speaking employees in the US and Ontario
- Good team spirit
RGA aims to create a culture where individuals are valued, feel a sense of belonging and are respected for their differences - a workplace where all employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.RGA Canada is part of an internationally growing company and offers a dynamic team environment.
Visit our Internet site: www.rgare.com to find out more about us.
Job Reference: CN01265