Under general supervision, the Accounts Payable Clerk ensures that accounts payable liabilities are reviewed for accuracy and promptly processed to ensure that payment of general commitments are made with the agreed terms.
- Responsible for processing all vendor invoices on a timely basis.
- Confirms that the correct documentation is received and uploaded correctly into the financial accounting system and follows up with the Procurement team as required.
- Confirms the accuracy of capital invoices in relation to purchase orders.
- Maintains spreadsheets for various accounts payable reports.
- Responds to internal and external accounts payable enquiries, including assisting co-workers with the interpretation of policies and procedures ensuring compliance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately and expeditiously enter data, proofread, and identify data processing errors efficiently.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision using initiative and judgement in dealing with deadlines, workload, and uncertain situations.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion with client and/or municipal documents and information.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Demonstrable skills in general mathematics and numeracy.
- Proficiency with computer-based accounting systems and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to organize own workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under pressure of deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate in Business Administration or Accounting is required.
- Related accounts payable experience is required.
- Specialization in accounting, completion of the first level of a professional accounting designation program, and experience with ERP information systems (i.e. SAP) are assets.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Are you in Edmonton, AB or surrounding area?
- Accounts payable: 1 year (required)