Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As an Intermediate Java Developer at Global Relay, you'll be using leading edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of Java technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Java developers in Halifax and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here.
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, ZooKeeper)
- In Memory Data Grids (Terracotta)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Minimum 5 years of Java developer experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection containers
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.