As a member of the Database Administration team, you will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and securing the Enterprise Database infrastructure for over 1700 SQL Server databases and 350 Oracle instances, supporting over 400 applications.
The Database Administrator will troubleshoot and resolve complex, third level support issues including critical application database performance.
- Perform daily maintenance including monitoring backups, managing disk space, and maintaining database objects
- Perform database installations, upgrades, migrations, and patching
- Proactively monitor, maintain and troubleshoot database & infrastructure performance and capacity issues analyze and resolve database alerts, incidents and security vulnerabilities
- Work with Application Support teams to ensure database best practices are being followed including deployment of application and project initiated database changes to all environments.
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Support and maintain alerting and monitoring of key infrastructure components
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide after hours support
- Create and maintain database documentation and knowledgebase articles
- Commit to providing to excellent customer service
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5x2 – Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology
- Microsoft Certification and Oracle OCP Certification an asset
- Good understating of ITIL methodology with exposure to Incident, Change and Problem management processes
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing Microsoft SQL Server and experience managing Always on Availability Groups
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing Oracle on Unix/Linux with an understanding of Oracle Multitenant Architecture in a large Oracle environment.
- Experience with database monitoring and tuning using tools like Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager, AWR/ASH/SQLT, Cloud Control 13c,
- Proficient in SQL and TSQL & PL/SQL with the ability to write and understand complex SQL queries
- Adept at database performance tuning including query tuning using Explain Plans, SQL Plan Baseline and SQL Profiles
- Proficient with scripting languages PowerShell, Korn and Bash
- Proficient with centralized storage solutions preferably Netapp, ISCSI, NFS and with an understanding of snapshot and cloning technology
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Windows/Linux/Unix, VMWare, KVM, NetApp, IBM AIX LPAR’s
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is September 29, 2023. Apply now!