BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Team Leads. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, PEI. 12 Hour rotating shift required.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing hands on supervision to the manufacturing processing team and activities occurring during the Day Shift. Mentoring members of the production group and providing constructive input.
- Controlling, monitoring, understanding and troubleshooting all processes and equipment from start-up to shut-down.
- Shutting down, isolating and preparing process units and equipment.
- Ensuring all production steps are performed safely according to written procedures and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Following the production schedule, and providing feedback to management where needed.
- Ensuring safety audits and programs are being followed by actively participating in the safety program, performing safety audits, and providing emergency response when required.
- Actively participating in BIOVECTRA’s quality systems, focusing on the production batch records and operator training program, including operator development.
- Assisting in SCM goals to manage FIFO and staging requirements for all jobs undertaken in the processing areas.
- Assisting in the receipt and or shipping of all raw materials or wastes moving to or from the facility.
- Adhering to BIOVECTRA's Health and Safety Policy as outlined in CP0010 Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Statements of Principle, and Responsibilities.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Bachelor of Science or College Degree in chemical, environmental, mechanical, or industrial technology or equivalent work experience in the chemical/pharmaceutical processing industry.
- 5+ Years of experience in a cGMP Manufacturing, Development, or Tech Transfer environment.
- Training in TDG, WHMIS and First Aid would be considered an asset.
*Entry: $25.00 per Hour
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 per hour