Quality Assurance Analyst
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, building automation & related smart building technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Mircom Group of Companies is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst for Fire, Communication, Automation and related smart building products. The successful candidate will be responsible for verification and stability testing of our products, and additionally will have to perform pre-certification testing for regulatory bodies such as U.L., U.L.C, FM, and CSFM.
- Develop test strategies and procedures for design verification of networked fire alarm control panels and system configuration tools.
- Develop documentation of test procedures and regression test plans.
- Perform features, functions, stability, and regression testing of products.
- Design, implement, and manage own lab test networks.
- Coordinate testing activities with the rest of the QA test group as well as with the Product Developers.
- Assist in reproducing customers’ issues in the QA lab.
- Provide feedback to developers to improve the usability of the products.
- Mininum 2+ years of QA test experience. (or related experience).
- Strong working knowledge of wired and wireless networking protocols.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking equipment setup and operation.
- Working knowledge of cloud based software.
- Ability to use network protocol analyzers for troubleshooting and analysis of networking and communications issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment.
- Experience with JTAG, BDM, FPGA Programming and other debugging tools is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems.
- Experience working with electronic circuitry, engineering lab test equipment.
- Ability to read schematics and modify hardware is an asset.
- Experience with Issue tracking and management i.e. Bugzilla, JIRA, etc…
- Hands on experience with product installation and configuration including hand tools.
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment.
Related Educational Background:
- Diploma in electronics or electro-mechanical related technology
- Degree in electrical, software or mechanical engineering
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to the HR Department. Applicants are encouraged to submit any project documentation research papers, web links or other relevant documents that showcase their past work.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited.