Canadian Tire Retail Prescott - Service Advisor/Parts Counter
The Service Advisor works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Centre environment communicating directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
Responsibility and Tasks
- Provide excellent customer service by understanding customer needs, responding to their inquiries, managing their concerns and problems and providing them with complete solution
- Estimate cost and time for service and repairs needs, complete and review repair orders with customers and ensure vehicle is delivered on time
- Act as a liaison between customers and technicians and manage the status of work orders
- Schedule service and repair appointments
- Operate computerized work order systems
- Engage in learning activities and coaching to improve their own abilities
- Comply with company, store and department policies and health & safety program and regulations
- Complete other tasks, as required.
Requirements & Competencies
- Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components of automobiles
- Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems
- Basic math and keyboarding skills
- Valid driver’s license for province of employment
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and give precise instructions
- Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Ability to adapt and cope with pressure
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Auto Service, is considered an asset
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Stand/walk for 8 hours.
- Lift and/or carry of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise
item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lift and turn repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lift above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
- Walk and carry things at the same time and push/pull, as required.
- Twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
- Other automotive, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of Canadian Tire Service
Centres across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s,
FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50-$17.50 per hour
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person