Cannabis Retail Team-Lead/Key Holder- Hamilton, Ontario
This is a rare and immense opportunity to acquire a Team-lead/Key Holder role in a legal cannabis retail store. Mystic's Cannabis is looking for a suitable candidate to help us on our mission to provide the best cannabis retail customer service in Hamilton! With it, you will get the chance to directly impact our society through emerging retail market and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating our footprint in this market. If you believe you can offer and demonstrate the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an individual with retail/fast food or other relevant background, and experience to become the leader at our locations (King St Location). This position requires somebody who can provide extraordinary customer service and be the go-to expert on cannabis products for our customers. This store is based on mystic theme to distinguish it from other retail stores in the market. You will get opportunity to learn and contribute via your diverse role with duties spanning from customer service, leadership, maintenance and inventory control while learning more about cannabis regulations and helping us in creating a thriving retail business and culture. Our goal is to provide customers with only the finest products, with our knowledgeable and personable team to assist with each individual need. In joining our team training is continuous in this role for you and the entire team to provide a great work environment and the best possible customer experience. If you are energetic and positive with a can-do attitude towards customer satisfaction and working in a team environment, then Mystic's Cannabis is a place for you.
· Provide customer service and support customer retention,
· Controlling and stocking inventory at manager’s discretion.
· Regularly opening and closing the store
· Helping with customer queries and concerns
· Sales and Money Management
· Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets with and through the team
· Coach and direct team members to carry out their daily duties
· Staff Management, training, supervising staff
· Inventory management and back-of house support Closing and completing all end of day reports and procedures
· Organize storage to aid in follow first in first out flow of inventory to turnover the whole inventory in the storage without extended storage
· Abide with cannabis and other applicable regulations while running operations smoothly
· Adhere to and review security and safety procedures to prevent any non-compliance, incidents and illicit activities.
· Take adequate actions to minimize the flow of cannabis into illicit market and to the youth Provide education on cannabis products and related topics to help customers find the best products to suit their needs
· Maintain operations, floor, storage, exterior, and other rooms by following and contributing towards personnel policies and standardized procedures.
· Ensure store is clean and tidy and meets the most stringent sanitary requirements
· Understand the demand and preferences of the community to maximize top sellers
· Manage and handle monetary activities in the store such as cash handling and electronic transactions.
· Follow security measures to ensure security with merchandize
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as required
Requirements and skills
· Experience in cannabis retail is preferred
· 3+ years of relevant experience in retails market.
· Minimum education: High School diploma or GED
· Minimum 19 years of age on the date of hire.
· Technically sound with knowledge of Microsoft and POS system
· Previous experience in managing inventory and expenses
· Team Player
· Motivated/passionate to develop career in cannabis industry
· Cansell training is required.
· Positive attitude and enthusiastic
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with exposure to noise, odors, and repetitive work
· Punctual and ability to do shift work
· Flexibility to work overtime and over the weekend if required
· Must pass the background security check
If you believe you are a good candidate for the job, please apply with an updated resume and cover letter.
Working Hours: Hourly position - shift work – full time
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted. All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Cannabis Sales Associates: 1 year (required)
- customer service: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person