In order to fulfill existing project requirements, Fer-Pal seeks to hire a Project Engineer reporting out of the North York office. The Project Engineer reports to the VP of Research & Development and works as part of the team on deliverables related to the design and development of the automated equipment, robotics and tools at Fer-Pal Infrastructure.
PROJECT ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take a lead role in the design and development of mechanical, electrical, and electronic parts of the system.
- Design and development of the equipment, robotics, and tools
- Design and perform experiments and tests required to validate/improve the design of the equipment and systems. This covers internal and external testing (i.e., lab, and field testing)
- Perform research activities using the available methods and techniques.
- Initiate, participate in, and lead discussions/meetings with internal and external participants in order to achieve required results and project-specific tasks and deliverables.
- Develop the required engineering documents such as components and assembly drawings, BOM, specifications, testing requirements, operator manual, troubleshooting instructions and other equipment-related documents and procedures.
- Perform engineering analysis such as FEA, Tolerance Stack Study, Dynamic and Kinematics study and simulations, material selection, plating/protection selection, simulation analysis, etc.
- Participate and represent the company in external meetings, seminars, and other company-required events and shows (i.e., technology show and exhibitions)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:*
- Education/certification in mechanical engineering or related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the design and project management of automated/industrial equipment and robotics projects
- Sound knowledge of the SolidWorks CAD software required to perform design-related activities.
- Experience/or basic knowledge of automation, robotic, pneumatic, PLC and servo drive-based systems and mechanisms.
- Good understanding of design principles and technics, manufacturing processes and technologies
- Understanding of automated manufacturing equipment requirements, service, safety, and maintenance
- Good written communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Team player, available to work overtime and on weekends if required.
- Valid driver’s license
About Fer-Pal Infrastructure*
Fer-Pal Infrastructure is an entrepreneurial leader in water-main rehabilitation services in North America with a 30-year award-winning history of ensuring clean and safe water for municipalities in Canada and USA. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great employer with promising growth potential. Fer-Pal offers competitive rewards and benefits, and this position has longer term career advancement for the right individual.
Fer-Pal Company Mission*
FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
While interest from all applicants is appreciated, we regret that we will only be able to contact qualified candidates.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Fer-Pal will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $52,926.39-$114,720.63 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person