Who We Are
We are an agile and growing consulting firm providing Structural Engineering and Project Management services across Western Canada. We are looking for a detail-oriented and driven employee to support our growing company and take part in a fast-paced office environment. We are looking for an experienced candidate with opportunity for advancement.
- Collaborate and coordinate with design team members (internal and external, single-discipline and multi-disciplinary)
- Complete structural design for residential, commercial, agricultural, and light industrial projects
- Provide guidance and/or mentorship to Technologists and/or Engineers-in-Training
- Perform detailed structural inspections and/or consultations
- Prepare structural letters, reports, supplemental instructions, field reviews, etc.
- Opportunity to become involved in business development
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering specializing in structural design from a recognized university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in structural engineering with demonstrated technical skills
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with APEGS.
- Working knowledge of the National Building Code and municipal regulations
- Experience in preparing structural construction documents
- Knowledge of residential and commercial design and construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and-problem-solving skills
- Motivated and detail-oriented
Thank-you for your interest in joining the Driftstone Consulting team. Please note that we will review all applications and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- structural engineering: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-01