*NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE*
JOIN A TEAM WITH THE STRENGTH OF STEEL
Steelcon employees design, fabricate and build some of the most iconic steel structures from coast to coast. Whether you're working at one of our offices, shops or jobsites, at Steelcon you’ll make an impact every day.
As a Structural Engineer at the head office in Brampton, ON, you will be a great asset to our team.
What you’ll love about us:
- Competitive wages
- Annual salary reviews
- Benefits packages
- Paid time off / vacation
- Retirement savings program
- Long-term incentive plan
- Training and development
- Contribution-based advancement opportunities
What we’ll love about you:
- Degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university or master’s degree in Structural Engineering
- Registration as a professional engineer
- In-depth knowledge of project construction law and building codes, with the ability to leverage such knowledge
- Understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Strong attention to detail and produce error-free, high-quality output
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other engineering software
What you’ll work on:
The Structural Engineer will participate in a wide range of projects covering structural steel analysis and design of various buildings, support structures and foundations. Activities also include structural steel modeling, dynamic analysis of structures & foundations and seismic evaluations for conceptual, preliminary and detailed engineering phases of the multi-discipline projects.
- Planning and executing projects through all phases from initial feasibility and conceptual design through preliminary design/definition, detailed design, tender and construction for steel structures.
- Maintaining structural engineering work procedures, specifications, and computer aided design programs
- Preparing engineering calculations and technical specifications
- Producing designs and shop drawings in conformance with Steelcon’s design tables, assembly instructions and other relevant documentation
Skills and experience in:
Structural design, engineering calculations, technical specifications, technical documentation, structural projects, project management fundamentals, construction laws,
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Steelcon group of companies. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Steelcon group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- structural engineering: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person