Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. is a proud member of the Mondelēz family and has been a leading and growing North American manufacturer of baked goods for over 30 years. Its an exciting time to be part of the Give & Go team as we are growing rapidly and want you to become a part of our growth and extraordinarily bright future!
The Azure Data Engineer will be responsible for implementing and delivering data solutions/ pipelines in Azure and Synapse Analytics for a wide range of business and organizational functions.
Location: This position is based out of our Head Office at 15 Marmac Drive (Etobicoke, Ontario) and is primarily remote with in office presence required 1-3x per quarter.
- Design & develop modern data warehouse solution in Azure Synapse.
- Data Ingestion from applications, ERPs, On-prem/Cloud data sources to one or more Azure Services - (Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, Azure SQL, Azure DW) and processing the data in Azure Databricks.
- Set up Azure Synapse SQL pool, SQL Server, configure Polybase.
- Establishes and maintains policies, procedures, FAQ, SOP and documentation.
- Analyze information and collect data to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system throughout the organization
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures
- Direct software programming and development of documentation of procedures to ensure consistency across the business
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Consult with stakeholders to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance
- Assess and research information on vendors to learn more about best company practices and new or upcoming technologies to implement within the organization
Recipe for Success:
- Completion of University degree or College diploma in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in systems development, data engineering.
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Azure/Synapse certification preferred.
- Azure Synapse development experience (ETL/ELT/BI developer)
- Experience with compliance-related audits associated with technology (SOX, ISO, PCI).
- SQL (design, queries, troubleshooting, integration to developed platforms), SSRS, SSAS etc.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (Waterfall, Agile) and their related lifecycle artifacts.
- Ability to see data and intuitively understand if data looks correct by utilizing a variety of tools and techniques to accomplish data validation & visualization.
- Server Hardware in relation to SQL/Development initiatives.
- Power BI development experience (DAX, Premium subscription).
- Analytical mindset, business facing and strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
What We Can Offer:
- It’s an exciting time to be part of the Give & Go team as we are growing rapidly and want you to become a part our growth and extraordinarily bright future.
- As we grow, we are committed to preserve the parts of our diversity & culture that is unique, people focused and are core to our success at every size. Our values of Quality, Direct Communication and Respect mean something.
- Learning and growth; we are working to create an environment where sharing new ideas, experimenting and learning from each other is strongly encouraged.
Great people, baking great products, for a great future.
Give and Go Prepared Foods is a leading, and growing, North American manufacturer of baked goods. As a proud member of the Mondelez family, we have consumer recognized brands in all our core categories, significant strategic acquisitions under our belt, and much, much more in the works. If you are looking for a company that has opportunity for growth, incredible energy, and a deeply ingrained respect for people, and open, honest communications, we’d love to have you to join our team.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply directly or submit their resume to [email protected]. Give and Go is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences (for which a pardon has been granted), disability, marital or family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at the email address above to provide your contact information. While we appreciate all resume submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 9 months
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Etobicoke, ON M9W 1E7