Sunwest Aviation is hiring. We are looking for accountable, dependable AMEs!
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over thirty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
Our modern facility, strong safety record, great benefits, terrific schedule, and low pressure work environment have given us a solid reputation in the industry. Our progressive Maintenance Management team offers refreshing, positive outlook on how we perform Aircraft Maintenance at SWA.
- The best shift in YYC!8 days on, 6 days off. 10-hour shifts. 1 month of days, 1 month of nights
- Dayshift 0700-1730
- Nightshift 1630-0300
- Flexible vacation scheduling. No need to schedule all your vacation at the start of the year!
- Great Benefits! Medical, Dental, Life Insurance. RSP matching up to 6% (DPSP).
- We offer a signing bonus as well! Talk with us about this offer!
- Tool control program. We provide time and materials improve your tool control by shadowing your toolbox.
- We deliver the right resources to accomplish the job at hand.
- Modern onsite gym facility available to you 24hrs a day.
Diverse aircraft fleet to gain experience and grow your career!
31 Aircraft that include:
- Piper PA31-350
- Beechcraft KA200
- Beechcraft KA350
- Beechcraft 1900D
- Fairchild SA227DC
- De Havilland DHC8-200
- De Havilland DHC8-300
- Cessna Citation CJ3
- Learjet 45
- Gulfstream G150
- Cessna Citation 680
- Bombardier CL300, CL350, and CL3500
- Bombardier CL604
- Dassault Falcon 7X
- Gulfstream G650ER
- Ensure aircraft return to service in compliance with Sunwest policies and aviation regulations.
- Lead and manage aircraft inspection projects.
- Diagnose and rectify malfunctions using technical manuals and engineering expertise.
- Mentor and coach junior AMEs.
- Collaborate with technical teams and oversee maintenance-related tasks.
- Embrace additional responsibilities as directed by the Crew Chief.
Join us today and grow your career while contributing to our innovative Aircraft Maintenance approach at Sunwest Aviation!
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Transport Canada approved Avionics and Electronics Technology Program or Approved ICS correspondence.
- Transport Canada AME License Category E.
- Ability to maintain a Restricted Airside Identification Card.
- Radio Licence
- Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
- Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft electrical and avionics systems, and basic applied mechanics.
- Have a good understanding of CARs.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to work with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Mechanical aptitude is a necessity.
- Good literacy and numerical skills.
- Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags.
- Good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Efficient, with good time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks calmly.
- Self-motivated and the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work in challenging “4 season” weather conditions.
- Demonstrate professionalism and respect in the workplace.
- Ability to provide and receive instructions and delegate accordingly.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing shift rotation.
- A valid Canadian passport or other approved means of travel international is an asset.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.50-$42.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Do you have a minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program or Approved ICS correspondence
- Do you have a valid Class 5 Driver's License?
- Do you have any other valid Driver's Licenses?
- Experience on Aircraft types:
- Have you had an ACA with your current/previous employer:
- n addition to your maintenance license(s) do you have any other licenses? (eg. pilot's private or commercial)
- Do you have any crew leadership or project leadership experience?
- What are your long-term career aspirations?
- Do you have any military experience?
- Transport Canada AME License category M1, M2, or both (required)
- Radio licence (required)
Work Location: In person