Who We Are
Calm Air International is a regional airline serving the Northern part of Central Canada. From its main bases in Winnipeg, Thompson and Churchill, Manitoba, and Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Calm Air operates frequent, daily scheduled passenger, charters, and cargo flights throughout Manitoba and the Kivalliq Region of Nunavut.
At Calm Air International LP, we value our customers, passengers, and the communities we serve. We are only as good as the employees who work with us. We are looking for highly motivated, well-organized individuals, who work well in a fast-paced environment, to join our team! Want to learn more? Visit www.calmair.com.
About the Opportunity
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to work with a group of high performing professionals? Do you like to work independently as well as part of a skilled team? If so, we would like to hear from you! We are looking for a highly motivated, well-organized individual, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, to join the Calm Air family.
At Calm Air, work is about what you do AND where you go! This position will have the opportunity to share their skills at all our bases throughout Manitoba and Nunavut and gain experience at a wide range of facilities.
The sky is the limit!
What You'll Get To Do
Reporting to the Chief Pilot, the First Officer is responsible for assisting the captain in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft. This includes assisting with inspections and maintaining clear communication with flight crew and grounds staff.
- Conduct flights with strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures, Canadian Aviation Regulations, Aircraft Flight Manual, and the Company Operations Manual
- Pre- flight Calculations
- Operate Fleet Types: ATR 42 and ATR 72
Hours of Work
- Stable schedule with pairings that range from 1 – 6 days with minimums of 80 credits and O/T starting at 85 credits
Skills & Experience We Value
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Pilots License
- Category One medical
- ATPL exams completed, or IATRA written and passed
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a crew
- Must have effective problem-solving skills and ability to handle difficult situations
- Must have the ability to travel and possess a valid Canadian Passport
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area pass through WAA
- Must be able to meet all Transport Canada Security Clearance Regulations
- Inuktitut language considered an asset
- Preference will be given to Inuit Land Claims Beneficiaries
The Benefits of Joining Our Team
We invest time and resources into making sure Calm Air International is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
- Vacation entitlement will be paid out with each pay statement at 6%
- Airline travel and freight privileges
- Corporate and family events
- And more!
If This Sounds Like the Job for You, Contact Us!
At Calm Air, we value diversity and provide equal opportunities and accessibility for all qualified candidates. We encourage all members of a designated group or those requiring accessibility support to self-declare when applying.
Please submit a resume in confidence by December 2, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.