We are currently recruiting a licensed Millwright to join the Metrican team at our Burlington location. This position will support our weekend shift, and hours of work are Monday - Friday 2:00pm - 10:00pm.
At Metrican we are looking for positive, team-oriented people who can also work independently. It is imperative that all employees focus on efficiency, quality, continuous improvement, and most importantly safety. This position requires strong attention to detail and a quick response time.
· Ontario Provincial license is required as an Industrial Millwright (433A) is required.
· Automotive manufacturing experience is required.
· 6-8 years’ experience in a similar role required (experience with stamping and robotic welding is required).
· Fabrication experience considered an asset.
· Self-motivated, reliable and dependable.
· Preventative maintenance, breakdown support and project-based work.
· Examine and repair all equipment when required for continuous plant operation.
· Responsible ensuring the preventative and predictive maintenance program for all equipment is executed.
· Troubleshooting of various pneumatic and hydraulic circuit systems (ex. feed lines at presses, straighteners, decoilers).
· Maintenance of various machinery, compressors, mechanical systems.
· Familiar with maintenance of facility HVAC equipment, overhead cranes, etc. would be considered an asset.
· Inspect facility equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and potential malfunctions.
· Small fabrication (welding/fitting).
· Conventional machining (milling machine/grinder).
· Must be able to communicate with team members and management.
· Must work in Compliance with Company Health & Safety Standards, Polices & procedures and to comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations.
· Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment or clothing as required by the Employer and or the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
· Any other task set by the Production Manager or Plant Supervisors.
Metrican is an equal opportunity employer who provides an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON L7L 5Y2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person