Who are we?
Founded more than 25 years ago, UTV International specializes in designing & manufacturing tailor-made tracked vehicles for forestry, mining, power, and telecom companies. An industry leader in heavy vehicle design, UTV International has a well-established customer base in the United States and Canada and is rapidly growing.
Mechanical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
PLEASE SEND YOUR TRANSCRIPT WITH YOUR CV. TO: [email protected]
- Designs mechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Plan for each project at hand
- Assist in technical design and new prototypes
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
- Develops mechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; and requesting special services.
- Maintains system and product data base by entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Complete UTV manuals, including detailed product specifications, drawings, pricing, schematics and reference pages for salesman.
- Will need to answer calls from customers requiring technical assistance and keep detailed notes and documentation to record all customer issues that have been discussed
- Submit weekly design and progress reports
- Analyze mechanical assemblies with a focus on various fabrication methods
- Capable of working on design projects with minimal supervision and strict deadlines.
Mechanical Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis
- Adequate technical writing skills
- Expert level 3D CAD modeling using SolidWorks, with focus on sheet metal
- Design skills, 10 years experience with Solidworks desired
- Presenting technical information
- Equipment maintenance
- Conceptual skills
- Quality focus
- General consulting skills
- Control engineering
- Production planning
- Technical zeal
- Job knowledge
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer
- Experience working in the mechanical engineering field
- RRSP program
- Collective insurance (medical, dental, extended healthcare, vision, and life insurance)
- Competitive paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Experienced and supportive team atmosphere.
- Opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Work Location: In person