BC Regional Council of Carpenters is looking for experienced Industrial Insulators, Apprentices and Journeypeople for our local Contractor. Under our Industrial Contract, wages range from $30-$50 an hour. Wage upon experience. Successful applicants will be offered room for advancement, on the job training and extended health benefits after working 260 hours.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements.
- Select the amount and type of insulation to be installed as well as a method of securing the insulation according to the type and shape of the surface, whether, or not the equipment is cold or hot, inside, or outside, and what the equipment is going to be used for.
- Measure and cut insulating material and coverings to the required shape and dimensions.
- Fit insulation around obstructions or shape insulation materials and protective coverings.
- Install vapor barriers and finish insulated surfaces by applying metal cladding, plastic, or cement.
- Report all incidents, “near miss” incidents including damages/non-damage, injury/non-injury incidents.
- Review and participate in the preparation of safe work practices/procedures as required.
- Other tasks and labor duties as required on the jobsite.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Journeyman or Apprentice Insulator Ticket
- Asbestos Abatement ticket considered an asset.
- Working at heights
- Working in a confined space
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Must be clean shaven
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$50.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort St. John, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person