We are looking for a creative Visual Merchandiser with experience in both Hard goods and soft goods merchandising. You have an eye for detail and are able to pivot fast.
You’ll be successful in this role if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a perfectly balanced display and colour story. You are also a team player and enjoy working with others to achieve the best sales results for your store.
Visual Merchandisers are responsible for all Campaign execution in stores and all Visual initiatives and Standards. You will work closely with the Team Leaders in store to ensure your store is always executed in time, and in full.
We believe the transformative power of the outdoors makes us better humans and drives us to do good for the planet. We are here to inspire and support everyone in getting active outside, matching people with gear and advice that instills confidence. We offer more than products, we offer passion. People connect here, through our stores, online channels, over the phone, or through our services and community partners. We love to share our expertise, experience, and enthusiasm. We deliver award winning retail experiences, encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and believe the outdoors make us better.
Our business model is dependent on impassioned and well-trained outdoor enthusiasts and as such we look for individuals who live our purpose and fit with MEC ethos and lifestyle. If you are that person, we’d love to connect with you!
MEC offers a total rewards package that includes a great base pay, a sweet employee discount, a comprehensive benefit package, matching RRSP contributions, an employee development program that even lets you try out gear for yourself, self directed and leader-based training, and a host of other perks and advantages tailored to those who love the outdoors.
MEC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re proud to work with our people to create a diverse workplace, which accommodates individuals of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Tell us what you need during the hiring process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of creativity to maximize sales
- Ensure all visual elements are displayed with current merchandise and reflect current market trends
- Implement the set up of all promotional set ups and seasonal changeovers
- Daily maintenance floor checks
- Mannequins & Bust forms dressing & Styling
- Table merchandising and vignettes
- Continuously plan and organize the merchandising of wall and floor fixtures
- Ability to understand our members needs and translate that into display
- Assist members where needed- ability to sell
- Adjust lighting to highlight mannequins and merchandise
- Communicate Visual standards and train Front line associates
- Liaise and work closely with Team leaders on departments and promotional set ups.
- Adhere to all Loss prevention policies and procedures
- Be a team player and contribute to stores success
- Exceptional planning, organization and time management skills
- 1-3 years of previous Visual Display and merchandising experience
- Ability to think commercially and adhere to corporate standards
- High attention to detail and passion for creative ideas
- Great time management skills and ability to execute multiple tasks and appropriately manage competing priorities
- Ability to independently lead self to achieve results
- Strong problem solver and innovative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs
- Self motivated, deadline driven, works well under pressure
- Positive upbeat can do attitude
- A degree of physical fitness for manual shifting of mannequins and fixtures
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Continually able to lift up to 40 pounds from floor to a waist high table
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Extra points if you
- Have hard goods merchandising experience
- Are handy with Tools
Have knowledge and a passion for the outdoor industry
Visual Presentation - Présentation visuelle
Prioritization - Établissement de priorités
Decision Making - Prise de décision
Visualization - Visualisation
Attention to detail - Souci du détail
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks