Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Reporting to: Principal Tunnel Engineer
Location: Toronto / GTA
You will be an integral part of a small specialist team involved in all structural aspects of a design project and your contribution will be essential to the success of our company. You will develop structural designs (from concept to detailed design) for different underground structures ranging from SOE, support frames, piles, D-walls, tunnels and shafts with connections and openings. You will be working with and leading a team for these diverse engineering tasks, focussed on structural engineering for underground reinforced concrete structures, with the ground-structure interaction as guiding principle. You will be supporting the Principal Tunnel Engineer and working with engineering peers and CAD resources alike.
Responsibilities and duties:
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer will have the opportunity to lead the timely production of key deliverables from design, drawings, reports and analyses in pre-set timeframes with supervision from our various senior team members such as the Technical Director and/or his deputy. The principal duties are:
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Structural analysis of reinforced concrete structures supporting the design of SOE, shaft and tunnel works.
- Structural analysis of steel structures supporting the design of temporary tunnel works, e.g. TVBM launch or similar.
- Writing analysis reports and specifications to communicate project specific structural design and construction principles and processes with clients, owners and third parties.
- Empirical tunnel design and settlement assessment analysis and FE Modelling.
- Leading the internal communication of the design principles between the engineering and the CAD team.
- Providing constructability review, developing value engineering concepts, quality control and checking
- Constructability input to design processes as well as design input for construction on-site
Qualifications and Experience advantageous:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in civil engineering.
- 5–10 years of relevant experience in underground structures (public infrastructure projects including Transportation, Water, wastewater, roads)
- Knowledge of national and international design standards for concrete and steel.
- Excellent English language, organisation and communication skills. French is a plus
- Working experience of minimum of five to ten years in structural engineering for concrete and steel, with soil structure interaction
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
- Experience in SEM/NATM design, engineering and / or construction.
- Experience in geotechnical design such as SOE for shafts, boxes, using secant piles or D-wall, retaining walls, soil nail walls. Ribs& lagging all based on ground structure interaction.
- Experience in AutoCAD/Revit/Dynamo and Bentley/Microstation, Project Wise and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of analytical geotechnical software such as RS2, Plaxis, Abaqus, RFEM, etc
- Eng license in Civil Engineering in ON, and other provinces
We offer the below employment benefits:
- Group Retirement Plan matched up to 4%.
- Competitive annual leave entitlement and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Excellent training and development including an annualised budget to spend towards training and financial support towards your professional memberships.
- Private health insurance for you and your dependents
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – subject to company performance